Thursday, May 28, 2015

Film Blog #3

     The movie "To Kill A Mockingbird" was a movie that I remembering seeing little of when I was younger, about 12. I remember my friend had to read the book when she was in tenth grade, but instead bought the movie so we watched it together. As soon as I saw that it was in black and white I was turned off, but still tried watching it. As I continued watching the movie, it just didn't keep my attention.
     This time when the movie was on it actually kept my attention because I could understand it better. Back in the time that the movie took place it was a lot different, culturally. There was a lot more racism as well as gender inequality. I actually understand these topics now, but when I was younger I really didn't know much or think about them. I feel that this is the reason that I was not interested in the movie when I was 12 because these topics are brought about in "To Kill A Mocking Bird." 
    This movie breaks the racism and gender barrier that many people back then didn't believe in. The black man was actually protected and the white women ended up being the liar. This was a revolutionary kind of thing that happened and that's why this movie is so popular and widespread. It brings up important topics and morals.
    This movie had a great story line and I'm glad I got the chance to watch a classic that most people know about. If this movie wasn't to be played in class I probably wouldn't have ever watched it because of my prior experience with it, but I'm glad I did see it and actually understood and was interested in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment